Monday, September 29, 2014

Motivational Monday: change or remain the same ~ it's all up to you!

As Albert Einstein put it, insanity is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting different results. If you want to see a change you need to be that change.

I truly enjoy working out so it's not really something I struggle to stick with. Eating clean on the other hand had always been my downfall and put a limit on my results. I would devote my time and give it my all when it came exercising but I just wasn't willing to focus on nutritional changes. For many years that was OK with me, but I always knew I could be better. I can't tell you exactly what made me want to really clean up my eating recently, I just knew I was ready for that change.

I am far from perfect, I strive to be consistent, but I still enjoy "unclean" foods and a beer or glass (or 2) of wine now and then. I wouldn't want to be perfect because 1) you still need to live & enjoy the treats in life AND 2) if I were perfect there would be no room for progress.


If you truly want a change you need to be ready and willing to make that change and work hard for it. Maybe you're not ready right now, and if that's honestly true it's okay, but you need to be the one to decide that for yourself. It took me many years to finally make the change that I knew I should have long ago. In hindsight I wish I would have done it sooner, but in reality, until I was ready I probably wouldn't have been successful.

I'm not trying to be better than anyone else and I'm not here to tell you that you need to change. It's all up to you, be willing to make the change or willing to remain the same. Either way I support you.


I'm excited to see how my nutritional changes impact my marathon this weekend. I have really been focusing on clean eating throughout this training cycle and it has had a big impact on my performance and recovery. Once my marathon is over, after a recovery week, I'm making some big changes to my fitness training as well. I can't wait to see where all these changes take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment